Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Some PVP Rage

Anyone who knows me knows that one of my favorite features of WOW is PVP.   From my first shaking tour of Warsong Gultch and Arathi Basin, all the way up to whatever was/is the max level BG's, there I shall be.  And there shall I be, getting my ass handed to me over and over again.

Now, to be fair, I am not the best PVP'er.  I don't min/max, I don't always fully gem or enchant my gear, and there are many times when I loose sight of any kind of strat and just want to kill, kill, kill.

So, here is what I have noticed, and here is what I think: I think Blizzard stacks the deck in favor of one side.  In part so that the loosing side's resolve to come back burns ever brighter with each loss.  Does this sound like the theory of a ranting crazy person?  Sure!  Could I be totally wrong?  Totally!

However, take into consideration the following pieces of info!

Over last week I did I total of 30 BG's, 15 on the Horde, and 15 on Alliance.  Out of that 30 I won 9, five on the Horde, four on Alliance.  During each BG I checked the number of toons from the same server on each team, how much health team members had and my observation of team work or cooperation.  I played on toons of all levels.

Whenever I won we simply mowed over the other team, each time it was a shut out and on three occasions were able to pen up the opposing team.  (which I think sucks even when I am the pen-ner).  There were no close calls, no 2/3 type losses at all.  We either won totally or were used to mop the floor.  The winning team almost always had 50 to 75k more heath then the loosing team, and teams with no one in a party were pit against groups of people CLEARLY working together in a party.

There I said it!!

My intention here is not to troll.  If I am correct, it is a valid and working way to rope me in and keep me coming back.  Obviously I don't hate what happening as BG's are near and dear to my soul, but I do wish we could all go into a fair fight is all.

Best......Kurly,

No comments:

Post a Comment