Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Its been too long!!!

Helooo all my World of Warcraft friends!! So, as my Seasonal Affective Disorder fades, and my comfort level with my writing ability starts to renew itself I have decided to post a little post about my thoughts of Warlords of Draenor. 

I feel there are a few things I must divulge first!!

1) For those of you who may not know my gaming history started with WOW back in 2008.  I Played the original Diablo, but never "On-line".

2) I was never into computers.

3) I was never much into computer games.  (Okay,okay....Tomb Raider, Medi Evil, Kingdom Hearts and Twisted Metal, DID have me up until dawn 15 years ago, but I never knew there was a community of players out there!)

Why did I want to tell you these things?  I don't even remember now.  Anyway, my regular schedule has me off work on Friday and Saturday.  I did stay up and was able to get a little of the game in on launch day, but my plan was to keep away until I got home around 1:00 am on Friday and then go balls to the wall for as much as I could. 

I love the excitement of an expansion.  All the chatter on podcasts....people yapping about it in trade....all the talk about what may or may not happen!  For being alone in my room the whole thing provides a significant level of thrill, and WOD delivered.  Yes there were issues, yes there was the DDOS thing, yes the Tannan jungle is as of yet unopened, and yes we still cant fly, but most of us expected these kind of things going in.

Visually....its just stunning....STUNNING!!  It took me about a week to get my first toon to 100.  I had no plans to rush, I wanted to see, read, and just fucking DO an expansion for the first time, and for the most part I was able to do as I wanted, and there were a few time I hit such a wonderful WOW "ZONE", that hours would have gone bye and I hadn't even noticed.  However there were times I literally had to stop, look and catch my breath.

(((Zone in the above refers to a Zen kind of thing....not an actual zone in the game)))

Garrisons were the new shiny flavor of the day.  Not my thing personally (although I do like them), some of the people I play with have become full fledged "garrisonites", putting as much thought into plots, missions, followers and resources as any top tear raider puts into raiding.

Others are all about the treasure chests!  Also not my thing personally (although I am not above squealing with high pitched glee when I happen upon a random pile/box/stash of goods, I certainly don't look for them, and have removed HandyNotes from my add-ons (TOO much clutter on my map!!).  I find I like when I stumble upon that stuff anyway!

Professions, professions, professions......they have never exactly been something I could say I was good at.   My brain just does not seem geared to be able to absorb, and become proficient with them.  I don't think I am that dim, as far as being dim goes, but I think its one of the things my brain finds boring, as it would much rather being doing anything else.   I feel the same way about playing the auction house, there are people who can do it in their sleep, I aint one of them!

I do love the new five mans...OH MY GOD....do I love the new five mans.   I have started doing them on all my level 90's and the actual dungeons have delivered just about every time.  I am enjoying the fact that there is a degree of know-how required and you cant just blast your way through them.  I love the artwork, I love how loot works now, just love love love them!!

And my sweet sweet PVP.  To know me is to know that I am not at all a competitive person...like at all!  And my upbringing is such that when I am loosing I tend to kick and scream like a spider eating man bitch...but NOTHING else I do thrills me as much as kicking ass in a BG.  I want to say that PVP changes are the cause, but I really think that my DK is just so AWSOME (PS...if you are into PVP and do not have a "Gladiators Sanctum"  you are seriously clipping your own wings), but I will admit that the whole experience feels ironed (no pun intended) out some how.  Although....the South Shore BG was no good if you are melee, and low level hunters in a BG just wreck the whole experience for everyone else, it is still my favorite part of WOW, and its likely to be until the end of my days.

What I don't like about WOD is the same thing that I don't like in any of the MMO's I have played.  I don't expect it to be too easy as too easy is boring, but the other thing I find boring is realizing an objective is on above or below me, and trying to FIND the way to the objective is not entirely clear.   Even typing this out my face is getting warm.   There have been times when I simply can not find the path, or entrance or whatever it is I need to find to get me where ever it was I needed to go, and it just was no fun at all....and that all ima going to say about that!!   (I'm not in the mood to be all aggie about it!!!)

Is it my favorite expansion?  No.  My favorite was actually Cataclysm.

I think there is a lot to be said for the leveling experience and I just don't think leveling is considered important any more.   I can imagine that re-doing everything for an expansion would be impossible but I think tweeking "Old world" stuff could be warranted, and could be a lot of fun.

So in closing it is a wonderful, beautiful, lore-full, expansion, with games in side the game for all kinds of game players and skill levels.   It still has some kinks (and I think my computer is getting old) but its a home run for sure!!!

I swear I am not a blizzard fan boy!!

Love you all....peace and stuff.

K




No comments:

Post a Comment