Sunday, February 2, 2014

How do you let someone know that they suck?

I'm betting that title got your attention! He he he.....but the question drifted into my mind the other night during an LFR where the other tank was clearly struggling with mechanics and having a very hard time following instructions.

Now, everyone else in the raid had no problem telling this poor person what they about about his or her taking ability, but being the sporting, sesative and nurturing kind of person I am, I /w (for the sake of ease I am just going to call him "him") him and said not to listen, we all have to learn, just listen to me and taunt when I say taunt.  I even went so far as to ask the other folks in the raid to give the guy a break and cut him some slack.

By the fourth wipe on Immersius I was suddenly wishing I'd kept my fat trap shut.

I am by no means a GREAT tank when it comes to raids.  The fights are too long and my ADD will often force me to channel surf, and usually at the exact moment I should be ass facing He to avoid that Gouge (Although....who doesn't occasionally enjoy a good gouge from behind....cough, cough.), but I generally get the gist and basics and can get the job done when the job needs getting done.  I may need more test runs than most tanks, I freely admit that I don't watch taking videos (I get bored...SORRY), and often forget to gem, enchant and take flasks and food, so I am no stranger to abusive comments, and the occasional kicked by vote.

So this poor bastards issues were, um, many.   He did not seem to grasp the idea of not taunting the boss while he had corrosive blast on him, he was not able to figure out where to stand when corrosive puddles formed underneath him (just move slightly to the right, the right....THE RIGHT!!), made no attempt to DPS down the blobs, and would drift onto another panel causing much injury to the DPS and lastly never taunted when I whispered "TAUNT.....FUCKER!!!"  Whoops....did I use an expletive? 

So back to the fourth wipe.  By this point my patience had run out, there hasd been two attempts to kick the guy (I passed) , and the magma of foulness from the others in the raid had reached the point of trolling poetry.  I excused myself from the party, making up some rediculous lie about the house being on fire or something when the other tank asked me if I thought he should give up tanking.

I said no.

Thanks for listening.

Peace....K

2 comments:

  1. Being a Pally Tank on "Gates of Retribution," I can say that I too am no stranger to the barbs and arrows of displeased DPS and other tanks. Instead of a good ol' time, you have some Russian Tank Czar screaming in your face about stacks, taunts, timing, and gear. I hate that shit! Im a pretty good tank, but I cant tell you how comforting it is to have someone say "Good job" at the end of a fight. Helps me to get back in the battle to take Garrosh down.

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks mike!! Lookit you!! You look fabulous!!

      Delete