Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Names and Hair Styles!!!!

Since I am not sure what I want this blog to be I am going to go with a bit of a fluff piece here.

I am not into a vanity names.  The names of my toons are important to me.  So important that I have deleted toons after the name I gave them went bad in my mind.  Its about as close as I get to RP.  Some of the names I use do reflect some things are are important to me:

Mhetzo, Mezzaneen: Music and the theatre
Klowd: My love of Nature
Nhetta: I was watching The Color Purple
Pherramona: Um, well…sex. (Pheromones and stuff)
Zyphllyz: A little PG-13 joke name for an undead unholy DK. (Not a funny topic I know, but still.)
Labryz: I nod to my Lesbian friends.
Mowtandoo: Does it need an explanation
Bootlika (the one male toon): Um, I, er…plead the 5th.
Mizzezdanverz – From the movie Rebecca, cuz Mrs. Danvers was just spooky!

Coiffure!
One of the area’s I think WOW is lacking is the variety of character creation.  Aeon, GW2 and Rift have such a wonderful array of features and looks you can use to create an individual appearance.  For me, hair is a HUGE part of it.  Of all my toons, all but one are female, and I try to use hair styles to give them a specific kind of personality as I see them.

All my casters have long hair.  My favorite hair effect is the waving braids of female dwarfs, and pandaren.  It may be sexist on my part, but I love the idea of flowing, bouncing, whipping hair on my casters and hunters.

Melee must always be short or wrapped (because you don’t want your enemy to get a handful of it!)!  My tanks, rogues, and warriors all have short hair or hair that is wrapped or pinned about their heads.
How much do these do things mean to you, 'm just curious.

(PS…I shave my head)
XOXO
Kurly

2 comments:

  1. I too like customising and sometimes I seem to over think it. I have done the 'deleting' thing as well when the name does not quite fit. I don't necessarily pair the hair with the class though; I just go with whatever seems to "fit" and that is usually a gut feeling.

    Nice topic! :)

    ReplyDelete