Monday, October 21, 2013

Timeless and already forgotten?

Ah the Timeless Isle.  Let it be known that the first few weeks after the patch I was not at all quiet about my thoughts about the TI , and frankly I thought it sucked!  What possible fun could there be in running around getting pounced on by four or five kitties a time, one shot by pythons, gang ganked by spectral mistweavers, or face melted by some very irritable Yangoul. (but wouldn't you be irritated if you were attacked all the time, every day, over and over with no end in sight?)

There was, however, gear.  High level gear.  Lots and lots of high level gear.  In some cases said gear was a 75 point slot level increase.  This kind of upgrade is enough to force a change of opinion in my not so easily swayed mind.

What once sucked, started to get easy, and death was happening less and less.  There was a unusual sense of community when it came to downing the Celestial Guardians (what was with all that positive reinforcement whilst nuking them?!), finding rares, and treasure chest whereabouts.

How long did we expect all of that to last?  I ask this because I realized the other night that I had not spent any significant amount of time on the Isle for nearly two weeks, and when I went there there was nowhere near the population of folks there as had been before.

As I have been hearing on the net and various podcasts, people who play only one toon (something personally I will never understand.) the isle is only good for a short time as the upgraded gear comes fairly quickly and there is no real reason to keep going back.  Then there is also the "been there, done that." factor.    Having done the Isle on one tank, two dps and three heals (yes, I did it on three healers), I have to say that variety was sorely lacking and that maybe I was just getting bored with it, maybe, kind of, a little.

I will say again that over all I think the Timeless Isle was a good idea.  There is a lot of fun to had there as well as dandy upgrades, and some great WOWing with folks on your server.  Hopefully Blizzard is able to take what they have learned from it and use that information to craft an experience that endures a little longer.

All the best!!
Kurly




No comments:

Post a Comment